College and Career Resources
The Texas 4-H and Youth Development is committed to assisting young people, both in 4-H and not, have the resources and information to make the right decisions about their future. To explore the opportunities for careers and colleges select the link below.
- Free Application for Student Student Aid (FAFSA)– link
- YouTube Videos: Apply for Aid link
- Minnie Stevens Piper Foundation Compendium of Texas Colleges – link
***DUE DATES ARE POSTMARK DATES
- 4-H Merit Scholarship Application 2020 Letter of Intent Due March 1st
- 2020 ACA Scholarship Application Due April 1, 2020
- 2020 ACFA Atascosa County Fair Association Scholarship Application Due 4/1/2020
- 2020 Jason Krueger Memorial Scholarship Due 4/10/2020 2020 JHK Scholarship Application
- 2020 ACLS SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DUE 4/15/2020
- 2020 Evergreen Under Water Conservation District Scholarship Essay due no later than 5:00 p.m., Friday, March 27, 2020
- 2020 Glenn Weigang Memorial Scholarship Due July 1, 2020
- 2019 Pleasanton Young Farmers Scholarship Application 12:00 PM on
4-H Opportunity Scholarship—The 2020 Texas 4-H Opportunity Scholarship Program opened Friday, November 1st. The Texas 4-H Foundation implemented a new platform that will host the application submission process as well as manage scholars through the life cycle of their scholarship. Applicants will no longer submit their application through 4-H CONNECT or by paper/mail. There have been no changes to the criteria required of the applicant, only the way the applicant applies. Please review these attachments mentioned below so that you are aware of these changes.
Here is the 2020 scholarship timeline:
Application Opens: November 1st
Application Deadline: February 14th
Interview Notifications (Tentative): April 3rd
Interviews: April 24th – 26th
Award Notifications (Tentative): May 4th
Texas 4-H Roundup: June 8th – 11th
Applicants must have their application reviewed by their CEA and have their CEA complete the CEA Verification Form. The applicant will need to upload this form with their application. The form is available to print from the Foundation website under the “Apply” button on the Scholarship page or from within their application.
Applicants now have the option to upload a pdf document for responses that are better suited in a table format.
To apply: https://texas4hfoundation.org/what-we-do/
Texas Farm Credit Scholarship Programs
Texas Farm Credit is offering an opportunity for students to submit their applications to their Ag Student of the Month program and Marsha Martin Scholarship program. You can apply for both programs by filling out one application at: https://www.texasfcs.com/about-us/scholarship-form .
Texas A&M Department of Soil and Crop Sciences Scholarships
Undergraduate Degrees in Plant and Environmental Soil Science and Turfgrass Science. Freshmen are eligible for up to $4000 per year of departmental scholarships for 4 years and Transfers are eligible for up to $4000 per year of departmental scholarships for 2 years. Scholarship application and requirements at: http://soilcrop.tamu.edu/scholarship-opportunities/
1890 National Scholars Program
Program for one that is interested in working for the USDA after college graduation and is seeking a degree in agriculture, food, natural resources sciences, or other related disciplines at participating institutions. For more information please visit: https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal/nrcs/detailfull/national/careers/student/?cid=stelprdb1086210